Thursday, May 11, 2006

I've never received training in jet-skiing.... I think I might take it up!

Well, I suppose I should offer some form of an update, being that there is much to be said. However, I'm tired and I need to quit procrastinating. So I'll just Copy and Paste from my other blog and add to it.

"This weekend, I went to the last FOP of the Steubie school year. It was amaaaazing. When I was told by my friend Justin that it was an open invitation and that we just had to figure out transportation, things weren't looking to good for me. I don't drive and the only one of my friends whose car could handle the 14 or so hours on the road was picking up his girlfriend on the other side of town and wouldn't be able to backtrack to take more people. So I just prayed that whoever needed to go would be able to go, and a miracle totally happened. My friend Aaron's girlfriend decided to go with her mom and meet us there, so Aaron, Justin (Aaron's brother and one of my good friends), and I went together. This, without any further explanation, is the most uncanny group ever assembled. Really. It was absolutely ridiculously awesome. And we went to the Port for over an hour right before Mass. And I was in massive amounts of pain but it didn't matter at all because I was there with the 3 friends who I love most, praising the God that I love more than anything. "

This weekend is prom. Yay. Still haven't gotten shoes, garter, flower dealie, etc. Fun stuff.

I pidgeon-holed God today and told Him that if He could just get me through the year without failing anything, I would do the whole nun-thing if that's what He wanted.

Oh yeah, by the way, I might not go to Steubie or St. Francis or Loyola. I might go to Aquinas College in Nashville... because I'm discerning going into the Dominican Sisters of Nashville after I graduate. Long way off obviously, but I just thought I'd mention it.

I think I've laughed more today than I've ever laughed in my life (with the exception of sitting in the parking lot of the Super 8 Motel at Steubie with Elena, Aaron, and Justin.) while watching Comedy Central with some friends. If you haven't heard of Lewis Black, holy crap, find him. My face still hurts. I love it.

Soooo, yeah. Back to paper. Woohoo.

1 Comments:

At May 13, 2006 10:10 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Black is pretty funny, except when he goes all liberal schizoid. Interesting stories about Steubie. Its a good place, eh?

And its cool to hear about your discernment. I will totally be praying for you!

God bless,
leahciM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home