Saturday, October 29, 2005

What the heck is gumbo?

"I'm 15 for a moment
Caught in between 10 and 20
And I'm just dreaming
Counting the ways to where you are
...
Half time goes by
Suddenly you’re wise
Another blink of an eye
67 is gone
The sun is getting high
We're moving on...
I'm 99 for a moment
Dying for just another moment
And I'm just dreaming
Counting the ways to where you are ..."
-Five For Fighting, '100 Years'


New. Favorite. Song. Heard it on some credit card commercial and totally fell in love with it!

Anyway, I'm really tired. I didn't get to sleep until 2:30. Just woke up. It's 1:08. Wow, pathetico!

I just got a notice from the library that says I have three overdue books. The titles are The Melting Pot Book of Baby Names, The New Age Baby Name Book, and Beyond Jennifer and Jason, Madison and Montana: what to name your baby now. Umm, sure? Now, I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that I don't need those and have never heard of them before in my life. So why are they on my card? Je ne sais pas, the little non-fiction munchkins must be at work yet again. After all, there are like 2 or 3 other Erin Marie Hall's in St. Joe County's library card database... odd.

Okay, so here's the dealio. I think people who act when they're children, who do commercials and movies and TV shows, must grow up to be the some most realistic (and possibly most unimaginative) people in the world. Now, obviously not all of them, as a lack of creativity and the ability to dream is an awful disease that can fortunately be cured by simply opening one's mind to the world. But I'm going to bet that many of them are disillusioned at such an early age that the beauty of movies, the magic of how real they seem, is probably drained away by the time they become teenagers. In retrospect, however, it is possible that it has no effect on them at all. For example, I know all about how music and photos are made, I've been exposed to the writing process and the techniques of photography, yet with each picture that emerges from that darkroom and each piece that spills forth from the pen, there's still that sense of brilliance. Perchance I just defeated my own argument, but I still believe that if one could see the entire technique of how a movie is made, be involved in the process and see all the cords and wires and screens and cameras, it would totally suck the life out of the experience of watching the finished product. Sure, it would be great, but it wouldn't take one out of this time and space as some great movies do *coughLordoftheRingscough*. I don't know, just a thought. I'll have to ponder this one a bit more.

Oh yeah, in case you haven't already, go to SecretRome.com. Really, you haven't seen city and scenery combined in such a beautiful way. Browse through the most recent, perhaps you'll understand my wanting to live there at some point!

I'm going to go eat some Honey Bunches of Oats with Bananas; YEAH BANANANANANAS!

Have a lovely day, guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home