Monday, March 21, 2005

A Deft Attack of Tangent-Induced Delirium

Wow, I love that title. You can practically taste the double meaning... Well, it probably only makes sense to Val, Sarah, and me, but it is wonderful nonetheless!

Hokay, well, I shall start at the beginning, before I add the end. Ever-afters are always lived more happily when they come subsequent to the rest of the story. ;)

Last night was the Styx concert, which was probably the best event in my minimal expanse of experiences on this earth, including being born. Perhaps I am simply easily amused, but everything was just so shockingly dreamlike. They played my favorite song (Lady) 3rd, which made me incredibly happy, and Renegade as the encore, as expected. It was just unreal! (Haha especially since I saw my super sweet summer school teacher there!) And afterward, a very kind gentleman bought me a cute blue and brown raglan shirt (which was sized incredibly small, I couldn't help but laugh!), and Alex a hat. Possibly the best birthday present I'll ever receive... I don't think I'd even enjoy a car as much as I enjoyed last night!

Hmm... today was interesting, to say the least. I talked with Pat at lunch, and he almost killed me for not taking him to the concert. But he's looking forward to seeing John Mayer... I think. Everyone at the Antioch table behaved as usual, Claire eating dog food with chocolate milk.

I was really confused by 10th hour. I'm in Grosz's class last, and we usually do a whole lot of nothing. So, as is the norm, we were all over the place. Chris, Lars, Blake, and Gage were sleeping, a few of the girls were trying to get homework done while incessantly talking at an unbearably loud volume about who had hooked up with who over the weekend, and Val, Sarah, Becca, and I were talking. They made that announcement, and since I was seated on the (warm!) vent, I looked aimlessly out the window. Within seconds, I see a fire truck and an ambulance pull up to Marian's front doors. What in the world?? Well, we were all kind of confused, but I saw them bring a stretcher in, so I said to the class that it would be a good idea if we prayed, so I led a Hail Mary. I'm still curious as to what happened, though.

Altogether, I've had an amazing start to this wonderfully holy week! There were a few events that disappointed me a bit, but I won't let them rain on my parade! Oh yes, did I mention that I'm making like a Trappist and giving up talking from Holy Thursday to Easter? It should be interesting!

Well, if you haven't guessed by now, I'm procrastinating. And procrastination is the thief of time!

3 Comments:

At March 21, 2005 10:38 PM, Blogger Andy said...

I've gotta admit that’s a nice title. Basically just a daydream but it makes you think. Anyway we have school on Holy Thursday so I advise that you make an exception to your vow of silence or you might have to face some angry teachers.

 
At March 21, 2005 11:26 PM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

Haha, nice observation my friend! However, you'll notice that I said like a Trappist. Trappist monks take a vow of silence, that is, no unnecessary talking. So I would permit myself to answer questions and give information, but nothing aside from that. I'm sure everyone will be devastated by my silence. :)

 
At March 22, 2005 4:25 PM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

Hmmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home