Saturday, February 19, 2005

A Makeshift Utopia

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
-William Butler Yeats-
I am curious as to what my friends are doingfor Lent. Personally, there is a list.
  • Keep my grades at A's, and be a bit more efficient in doing homework
  • Fasting
  • Get back into the habit of reading. Finish Confessions, Orthodoxy, Nicomachean Ethics, and the Case for a Creator, and finally, begin on Mere Christianity.
  • Become a more realistic person, rather than let my ideals and emotions affect my decisions.
  • To be more loving. Period.

I'm feeling fun. I want spring. I want a picnic.

-Tink

3 Comments:

At February 19, 2005 11:16 PM, Blogger Mike said...

My lenten promise is to tolerate you!

...


Haha, I'm just messing. I'm trying to go to daily mass more often, among other things.

leahciM

 
At February 19, 2005 11:21 PM, Blogger Phydeauxs99 said...

My giving up for lent:

1.snacks and pop.

2.(I am slo trying to be more considerate toward my mother. That one will probably kill me.)

I think it is amusing that you used the yeats quote. I have used that on one of my more recent blog posts. Good quote.

 
At February 20, 2005 12:18 AM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

Haha thanks for tolerating me, Mike. Where do you go to daily Mass?

And yeah, Yeats rocks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home