Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I wasted 8 minutes thinking of a title and all I could come up with was this.

Well well well, back to the trusty old Blogger. I really don't have much to say except life is sweet, text messaging is taking over my life, and I am absolutely frisbee retarded. Considering I finally learned how to properly throw one about a year ago, it's not surprising. But Matt and Marcus, have seen to it that my ever-growing list of experiences does not remain as small as it is now. So they kidnapped me after daily Mass and we all went out to Rum Village and played Frisbee Golf (???) for like an hour. I would just like to point out that it is much harder than it looks and insanely more difficult than it sounds. I got flying-tackled by Marcus in Korean Freeze Tag the night before, so running up and down those hills was not exactly a wise thing. Needless to say, I slept till 1 this afternoon. I really should do something about this constantly-being-ill thing. *shrugs*

Still haven't found the Rosary. Contemplating throwing myself off a bridge.

Kidding.

My, I am in an odd mood. I was talking to Aaron the other night about human nature, and it was funny because I realized that when the 20 of us were playing tag, it was how man is supposed to live. Running around in a muddy park, feet bare, not concerned about time or money or any of the things of this world. As cheesy as it sounds, it was liberating.

TODAY IS THE DAY! I almost forgot to mention what today is............. Narnia! Aaron's wonderfully amazingly brilliant mom found out that the movie was coming out today, preordered a copy, and is going to pick it up this morning! Then she had the single coolest idea ever- a bunch of us are going to go to daily Mass, then back to Aaron's house to say a Rosary for the intention that all who watch the Chronicles might have instilled in them a deeper desire for Heaven. Then, we're going to watch the movie- complete with several varieties of tea (he and I are tea crazy), an abundance of crumpets, and some sardines! I'm totally dressing for the occassion. Yes, we're out of our minds. It's okay.

Anyway, I suppose this rambling post has gone on long enough, so I'll end with a fragment of the song I'm writing...

My soul magnifies the Lord
and my spirit rejoices in Him
for He has seen His smallest of servants
and has given me favor in His eyes

I am the handmaid of the Lord
and everything you say
will be done for His glory
Every breath of me sings His praise
for all of time- Magnificat

All ages will call me blessed
For the God who is mighty has done great things for me
His mercy is on those who fear Him;
the hungry will eat and the blind will see

I am the handmaid of the Lord
and everything you say
will be done for His glory
Every breath of me sings His praise
for all of time- Magnificat

Yes, it's basically the Magnificat, but the actual music is what makes it fun. I wish I had a recording studio, LOL. Anyway, God bless y'all! A.M.D.G

nirE (somehow, it just doesn't work...)
Erin

2 Comments:

At April 06, 2006 12:20 AM, Blogger Mike said...

HAHA, I POST BEFORE SKIPPY.

And you can't steal my ideas.

And yeah, Aaron is huge on the whole "become a satyr/nymph and return to nature" thing. Its cool, although there is, imho, much more to life than nature. And frolicking. Granted, that is sweet. I think it is how man is supposed to play, but obviously more exists. Man is endowed with a certain level of responsibility to do more than just have fun.

Anyway, enough ranting on your blog. It's good to hear from you, I kinda thought you died. I suppose not. Also, sweet song. Mary, ftw.

leahciM

 
At April 06, 2006 1:17 AM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

FTW?

Anyway, yeah, I think I'm definitely in Aaron's boat on the whole let's-all-be-free-and-frolicky thing. I would give anything to ditch the computer and cell phone and digital camera and ipod and everything and move to Ireland and dance around to Celtic folk music for the rest of my life.

Dead? Pshaw. Death is for pansies and old cats. I am very much alive!

And congrats on beating Skippy. Don't you feel special. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home