Saturday, December 24, 2005

On Silly Things...

Hmmm.... so I got home tonight and sat down a la computer, rifling through the usual spectrum of sites... Livejournal, MySpace, HSFacebook, Phatmass, when I found one of those lovely survey things that tons of people (myself included) have grown so fond of filling out. And as I began to erase my friend Miriam's answers to fill them in with my own, I realized how odd it all was. Why do people so enjoy answering random questions about themselves, posting them for everyone to see? I came to the simple conclusion that this world is driven by a desire for knowledge. We seek to be known- by others and ourselves- so we post lists of random facts in order that others might read them, appreciate our perspectives, and understand us more fully. We may also be driven by pride, the yearning for attention or approval, or the desire to be loved. Or we may just be extremely bored.


I'm extremely bored, so la dee da!


1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
Hmmm... I think the only big one is in my mouth from my surgery last year. Other than that, on my knee from a scooter accident. Silly scooters.... =P

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
A canvas painting, bulletin board, crucifix, 'Play Like A Champion Today' sign, a lei, dangly fish things, random pieces of art

3. WHAT DOES YOUR CELL PHONE LOOK LIKE?
Just your typical camera phone!

4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LIKE TO LISTEN TO?
Goodness, pretty much everything except hardcore, rap, and punk. Mostly acoustic/ piano type stuff.

5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
Almost midnight.

6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
Love. Heaven.

7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
Living with my mom, sophomore year, childhood

8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION?
Hmmm.... guitar or camera I suppose.

9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SMELL?
Either coconut or vanilla! I looooove them!

10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
Nope.

11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
Haha yes of course.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOGNE / PERFUME?
I don't really wear anything except the occassional vanilla, but I love Old Spice on guys.... Yummmm!

14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Haha typically short, I suppose it depends.

15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED TO AT?
I have no idea! I know the Lord has something awesome in store though!

16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS?
Does tea count as an energy drink?

17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Cheese, mushroom, or pepperoni

18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Hm. Well, I just had Taco Bell so I'm actually quite full...

19. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD/ANNOYED?
A friend's brother I think, possibly my friend as well

20. DO YOU SPEAK A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE?
Oui!

21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE OF THE OPPOSITE SEX EVER GAVE YOU, ROMANTICALLY?
Ummm, well speaking romantically.... I don't think anyone's ever given me anything like that. *shrugs*

28. WOULD YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR SOMEONE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING FOR SOMEWHERE FAR AWAY?
Ha. Of course not. How stupidly naive.

29. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU? After they've already told you so you don't feel like a complete idiot if it's not mutual, probably.

30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
13

31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
? Typically brunettes, though there have been exceptions.

32. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL OFTEN?
Meryl

33. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
Pride in myself and others, fake-y people, drama

34. HAS ANYONE EVER SPITED U?
Probably

35. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
Lots.

37. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST JOB?
Silver Hawks

38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
Haha definitely!

39. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED OUT THIS SURVEY?
Hanging with friends at the Bell

40. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Um.... I wouldn't!

41. WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS SURVEY?
because I'm very, VERY bored.

42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
My voice and my hair, surprisingly.

43. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL?
I would wonder what they'd do at Mass.

44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
I have everything I need... for now. =)

45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
As many as God gives me.

46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Ireland. Yay.

47. DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
Kind of. I look at them and think of how brilliant God must be and so they remind me to pray to Him.

48. WHICH FINGER[S] IS YOUR FAVORITE?
The pinkie! And the left ring finger, of course... haha.

49. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
Adoration last week?

50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes!

51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
I don't really like lunch meat.... at all. It's very slimey.

52. ANY BAD HABITS?
Yes, a few. Talking too much about myself/about things people don't care about and screaming when I get tickled.

53. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD YOU OWN?
Why would I be embarrassed about my own music choice?

54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Probably not... haha that sounds pessimistic but I would probably get bored with myself very, very quickly.

56. DO LOOKS MATTER?
Nope. Not too much.

57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
Singing, writing, sometimes crying. Rolling my eyes a lot.

58. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
Do I have one? probably not.

59. DO YOU TRUST OTHERS EASILY?
Superficially yes definitely, but with extremely deep matters, it's difficult. *shrugs*

60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
Haha the Sit'n'Spin!

63. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
No, of course not. Such verbal contradiction offers no comedic value of any sort.... *smirks*

64. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT?
Nope.

65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
Faith! Sense of humor, intelligence, outgoing-ness, uniqueness.

66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
Thunder Thighs. No, I do not have thunder thighs. Really, I don't.

68. DO YOU UN-TIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Who has time for that?

70. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Vanillayummmmm!

72. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE COLORS?
The shiny blue favorite-car-and-prom-dress color, chartreuse green, magenta

73. HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE?
None. Stupid surgery.

74. WHO/WHAT DO YOU MISS MOST RIGHT NOW?
Hahaha. I've learned that missing people doesn't really do much. As to the 'what,' probably the last year.

75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
No way. Hopefully nobody's actually read this far. If anyone has, I pity their souls.

76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Jon Mclaughlin- 'A Song You Might Hear At A Wedding'

77. LAST THING YOU ATE?
Nachos and cheese

78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Anna

79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Sense of humor, confidence, that certain sunshine-y quality that just sort of emanates from some people.

80. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
In a hospital, I would assume.

81. SCARIEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU?
Asthma attack. Tornado. 2nd grade.

82. FAVORITE DRINK?
Green tea or Dr. Pepper or good old H20

83. FAVORITE JOKE?
Oye, I have one, but I can't remember it.... goodness that bugs me!!

84. FAVORITE SPORT?
football or baseball or figure skating or taewondo..... or snowball fighting

85. YOUR HAIR COLOR?
brown?

86. YOUR EYE COLOR?
blue

87. DO YOU WEAR GLASSES?
nope

88. SIBLINGS?
mon frere, Matt the Brat

89. FAVORITE MONTH?
December! or October.

90. YOU LIKE SUSHI?
have I ever had sushi? No.

91. LAST THING YOU WATCHED?
I think I watched 'Deal or No Deal' and 'Everybody Loves Raymond'

92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
Christmas Eve

93. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT?
Well personally I don't really think it's necessarily MY job to do the asking (as Mira and Katie said), but I certainly don't think it would be because I'm too shy... Lord knows I'm not!

94. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter!

96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS?
Relationships, the way God intended it to be.

97. WHO DO YOU SECRETLY LOVE?
Why would I tell anyone on Blogger, LJ, or MySpace? Those who I want to know already do!

98. FAVORITE SONG AT THE MOMENT?
Already In by Jon McLaughlin

99. Lake or Ocean?
Ocean... and why all of a sudden no caps?

100. Biggest turnoff:
self-absorbed-ness. Overseriousness. Worldliness. Shallowness. Boringness. I'm-too-selfconscious-to-be-different-in-any-way-shape-or-form-so-I'll-
just-look-dress-and-act-like-everyone-else-ness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home