Tuesday, November 15, 2005

When Aristotle Falls On Your Power Strip...

...your post gets erased. Oye, I knew I hated philosophy. Kidding, kidding. Anyway, I have happy birthday Jenny returned with more senseless blabber to brighten your day! But first, a plug for my friend Jon. This guy is an amazing pianist and writer, and deserves support in any way possible. Visit his site, listen to some of his stuff, and trust me, you will be surprised. Now, on to the potaytos and potahtos of the post. Well, in all actuality, they're the same thing, but hey, it looks amusing. I wonder which spelling would taste better...

I went to Lula's Cafe on Sunday, a place I haven't been to for a rather long time. We had Creative Writing Club there from 1-2:30, and then I sat by myself on a comfy couch, people-watching and playing guitar. It was really quite a picturesque scene, and you know how much I love picturesquousity. From 2:30 to 4:30, I was content in simply soaking in everything around me, and I must admit that it was the best thinking time I've had in awhile. I love thinking, just pondering and pouring over different things in my head. It's a curse and a blessing, I suppose. But it was much fun, and I think I'll be returning soon to meet Vince, the best person in the world. Not really, but he's pretty flipping awesome. In any case, I got to thinking...

...and then I stopped.

Okay, not really. I actually had written a chunk of a short story, but I got sick of it and deleted it. Oh well, it was merde, I'm sure.

I really need a digital camera. Really really. The one on my phone isn't sufficient, and it malfunctions half the time anyway. But seriously, I could capture all of my friends' lovely moments without any hassle. I think Michael's parents owe me their camera anyway... yeah, I think I'll just steal theirs. Sounds good.

I think this nose business is going to drive me crazy. I don't know why people have a fascination with poking, tapping, and playing with my nose, but now every time I'm bored or sitting at my computer I tap my nose. I don't even realize I'm doing it...It's really weird. It's going to end up with like a dent in it. I think a crater in my nose would be even weirder than my huge eyes...

Oh yes, I'm totally in love with Pandora.com. If you like music and don't feel like downloading it or buying it or sifting through radio stations, go here. Seriously. It's the coolest thing since fiberoptic wands, and we all know how much I love those!

Ohhhh, the choppyoffness. I hate it. If I end the post now it will be completely meaningless and I will be left feeling as though I haven't done an adequate job.

Yet, alas, off I go... more later I suppose.

light from the Love
that is no mere sentiment
remains
though dimmed, lost, forgotten
completely new
for it is
in itself
eternally Undiscovered


Thoughts? Inspirations? Goldfish?

6 Comments:

At November 16, 2005 9:26 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Goldfish-funny thing.

Goldfishing: v. Playing a magic deck without an opponent to see, theoretically, how many turns it takes to go off, and get some practice. Different from solitaire in the fact that it is used to see the possible speed of a deck. Most commonly used with Combo decks.

leahciM

 
At November 16, 2005 9:55 PM, Blogger Andy said...

Where do you learn this stuff? I'm a magic buff & I didn't even know that. Somebody should publish a magic dictionary. I'd buy it.

 
At November 16, 2005 10:36 PM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

A flipping million-paragraph-long post and you comment on the LAST WORD. I find that highly amusing.

 
At November 17, 2005 12:28 AM, Blogger Andy said...

Who's fault is it for not leaving any better magic related content?

 
At November 17, 2005 1:29 AM, Blogger Mike said...

LOL to skippy. And if you perused the boards a bit more you would pick up the lingo.

The rest of the post was crap anyway. And I say that with the full knowledge that I have completely forgotten what it was about.

leahciM

 
At November 17, 2005 6:53 PM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

Well then it's a good thing I couldn't care less about your reading pleasure!

=P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home