Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Yum, aluminum! I mean, dog food!

I realize that I haven't made a good random, useless post in quite a while, so here we go! I shall jot down whatever thoughts come into this little head of mine and see what becomes of le poste...

Today was really sweet, it was vocations day, so not only did we have an awesome Mass with the coolest homily I've heard in a while, but we also had priests, nuns, and brothers come into our classes to speak and answer questions. I was happy because Sister Gianna Marie and Fr. Bill both came to my religion class, and Meryl and I ended up missing about ten minutes of lunch talking to Sister Gianna about religious life. It totally freaks me out, the possibility of a religious vocation. Odd indeed.

I have decided, and it has been voted that my old black comfy sweater is the best pillow everrrrrr in Krucina's class. Goodness, 3 dimensional algebra is a bore! I fell into a ridiculously sweet meditation on Pentecost during his class, and then fell somewhat asleep. Meh, I don't think it matters much...

Speaking of Krucina, a guy from Wizards of the Coast is coming to Strategy Games tomorrow, apparently with an abundance of goodies... Thus, I get free Magic stuff and can keep true to my vow of never spending a cent on Magic! Yay! I also have this odd urge to make a deck. I don't know how, and I don't have cards, but oh well!

Hm.... what else, what else? Oh yeah, the retreat is coming up. I am insanely PSYCHED because I know this is going to be sooo flipping fun to put together. It seems I've kind of taken over Alycia's leadership position, just kind of keeping things somewhat together and not-too-nuts and helping Lou and stuff. It will be fun. And I think I might be playing the girl in the rose skit again. I initially wanted to do the turn around skit, as I've done both of the other serious ones, but now I see that I connect to and understand the role in the rose skit sooo well, it is definitely what the Lord wants me to do! Also, I think it'll be really great to be able to work in ways that will go unnoticed to most. I don't know, the idea of unrecognized charity... it's way cool.

Oh yeah, and Isaac and I are bringing our guitars, so you can hear the 3 or 4 songs I've written if you like, and the uber awesome song that we're collaborating on... haha my words, his music, both voices. Pure sweetness!

Cleanse me with hyssop, that I may be pure; wash me, make me whiter than snow.
Let me hear sounds of joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
My sacrifice, God, is a broken spirit; God, do not spurn a broken, humbled heart!
-Psalm 51

1 Comments:

At October 19, 2005 10:20 PM, Blogger Andy said...

Wizards of the coast, goodies & strategy game club all in the same sentence... my lifelong dream!! And I'm too far away for it to matter noooooo!
Hmm you think 3 dimensional algebra sucks wait till you get 4 dimensional calculus... I HATE FIRETRUCKS!! If I ever become a fireman I'm not going to sit their doing calculations till I figure out how long it'll take to get to her.
Yeah somehow I don't think you're gonna end up being a nun or Meryl for that matter.
I def. agree Carmel is gonna be a blast. If only we could get alval & jen to come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home