Saturday, September 24, 2005

Think of Things That Taste Like Pride...

Okay, so I wanted to use that idea from Michael's post, and this is what I came up with. Tell me what you think!

Fashioned of a finer gold
we are the hands that will not fold
Our fingers dance with misery
to music that we cannot see
We grieve over our sins' remains
in valleys flooded by the rains
but water that comes crashing down
is muddy, and it makes us drown
Our lips, they bear the taste of pride
so sweetly sick, our thoughts collide
and soon our lust for something true
is death that we ourselves imbue

And I don't feel like updating again, so here's an edit. I wrote this on the fly, but I quite like it

Behold her
in the light of reality
She is not the dove that's
taken flight
nor the rainbow
fifteen miles
from the storm
Rather, she is the
word 'home' upon a
lonely beak,
a glimmering
gold horizon
peeking through a
shattered sky

8 Comments:

At September 25, 2005 12:33 AM, Blogger Alex said...

Its an excellent poem, Erin, really.

The only thing I can come up with is Prejudice

 
At September 25, 2005 12:34 AM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

Why thank you, and I understand. Glad to see you've returned from your hiatus.

 
At September 25, 2005 12:36 AM, Blogger Alex said...

wow, that was uber fast

 
At September 25, 2005 12:37 AM, Blogger Andy said...

Very sad poem though I must agree it's quite excellent. All of your poems lately tend to be depressing, I think you should make a funny one sometime (or maybe a song (op S.O.S)).

 
At September 25, 2005 12:45 AM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

My poems have NOT been depressing! Okay yeah they have but I don't really know why considering I've been in like the best mood ever for the past couple weeks. There have been moments when I've been irked, and that seems to be the time when the words just kinda tumble out. This doesn't count though, as it was inspired by a sad line in the first place. =P

P.S. OpSOS is up in smoke

 
At September 25, 2005 1:54 AM, Blogger Andy said...

Well if it's up in smoke you've just lost out on a whole bunch of bonus points and an i.o.u. for a cookie.

 
At September 25, 2005 2:11 PM, Blogger Andy said...

Does that really fit in with the other poem? In any case I like it, I think it's a little more up-lifting than the last.

 
At September 25, 2005 3:42 PM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

it's not supposed to fit with the other one, but thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home