Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Love Song For A Savior

In open fields of wild flowers,
she breathes the air and flies away
She thanks her Jesus for the daises and the roses
in no simple language
Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all

He's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens
As close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips
Someday she'll trust Him and learn how to see Him
Someday He'll call her and she will come running
and fall in His arms and the tears will fall down and she'll pray

I want to fall in love in love with You!

-Jars of Clay-

It's far too tempting, with all the changes taking place around me, to want to find something new myself. Several of my friends seem to be getting involved with new relationships, and it makes me really want that back. The thrill of finding out that someone is attracted to me, the joy of feeling special to someone, the ability to grow closer to Christ with and through another while making sacrifices for their sake... I miss all of these things. But this song helps to remind me that I have soooo much growing to do before I get into my next relationship, and I need to fall soooo much more deeply in love with the Lord before I can even attempt to give my heart to someone else. He's just waiting to show me what it feels like to be loved by a King, and how to love like a true Princess. Christ is the essence of perfection, the most ideal man to walk the earth. Imagine what kind of love story Love incarnate could write! It blows my mind to think of it. Praise God!

1 Comments:

At September 13, 2005 6:51 PM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

I know it's difficult, but I so want to know that love and grace. I need it! I will certainly continue praying for you! God bless ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home