Thursday, August 04, 2005

The end of the technological line

I don't know what's happened between me and my computer, Presario. Things just aren't the same anymore. Today I sat down and tried to have a nice chat with him, but he wouldn't respond, just mumbled something about being busy and overloaded. Perhaps the fact that we spend so much time together has made us too comfortable, or maybe he's getting sick of taking all my orders. (I can be rather bossy when I want to get things done my way.) Regardless, I think I'm going to have to break it off. He's just not keeping up with my needs anymore, always lagging and wanting to sleep. I don't know how he'll handle it though. He's worried that I'm leaving him for a younger, faster, no-cords-attached relationship (which I may very well do). I'm going to miss him though. I mean, I may push his buttons every time we're together, but we've had some good times. *sniff* Maybe we just need some time apart.

5 Comments:

At August 04, 2005 12:39 PM, Blogger Mike said...

The only thing I can say is "har har..."

leahciM

 
At August 04, 2005 12:40 PM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

It was much more fun on AIM, as I think Skippy can attest to.

 
At August 04, 2005 12:55 PM, Blogger Andy said...

Well, I've gotta hand it to the old desktops they're loyal. I'll never catch my desktop on top of my ps2 like my laptop. THAT'S RIGHT TOSHIBA I SAW YOU TWO LAST NIGHT. Err... ahem I think I’m going to go cry in the corner now.

 
At August 06, 2005 1:31 AM, Blogger Phydeauxs99 said...

1. Start. Run. Type "msconfig". Take out all the things from the startup that you dont need.

2. Start. Programs. Accessories. Stystem Tools. Scandisk (thourough). Disk defragmentor.
Disk cleanup.

3. Talk to me. Get the right stick of RAM. Open your computer. Add RAM stick. Close computer.


Do 1, 2, and 3. Enjoy a faster computer.

 
At August 06, 2005 1:23 PM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

Maybe the fact that I've got three OS's installed on one machine has something to do with it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home