Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Sitting Outside, Staring at Stars

I am so completely grounded. Indefinitely. And I'm insanely excited about it. No fighting, no bloodshed, no raising of voices. I simply told them what I did (refused to come home from school and then proceeded to go see a movie and go out to dinner without telling them where I was going) and why I did it (because I knew that my fam was super pissed at me and I'd never be able to go to a movie if I went home so I figured I'd get some good entertainment time in before being grounded) and they were completely laid-back about it. Then I explained that as long as I'm grounded from everything (except for the computer. And the phone. And Mass.), I might as well get some reading done. I then excused myself to our front porch to talk on the phone. Quite humorous, if you ask me.

There is something that I'm looking forward to, but I'm not sure what it is. The conclusion is inevitable, yet the end is debateable. All I know is that the pit into which I peer is ablaze with a radiant light, and while I don't know how far the abyss stretches, or if the bottom is hard as stone, or if the walls are hard to climb, I believe the fall will make it all worthwhile.

6 Comments:

At May 10, 2005 11:29 PM, Blogger Andy said...

I've never heard anyone have such a positive mindset about a situation such as yours. It’s rare to find someone so optimistic when things look their worst. It’s an admirable characteristic that you should cherish.

 
At May 10, 2005 11:47 PM, Blogger Alex said...

When things look their worst? You make it sound like a dragon is rearing its head outside her window (yes erin, there is a dragon outside your window, don't look). I think I could use a grouding, except that I don't REALLY want to read and stuff. I have reader's block. I seem to have an insatiable appetite for magic...I guess my ogre/demon deck just seems so cool at the moment. Anyway, sorry your grounded.

 
At May 11, 2005 8:48 AM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

haha thanks guys

 
At May 11, 2005 9:54 PM, Blogger Phydeauxs99 said...

So what are you grounded from???

It sounds like when my parents grounded me from my car. I just couldn't drive. But other people could come and pick me up so I really didn't miss much. Oh well you won't be missing too much. You can see your friends at mass and between school and mass and such.

But that is just my uninformed opinion.

 
At May 12, 2005 8:05 AM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

Not as uninformed as you may think... you bring up a good point. I suppose I need the alone time anyway!


And Michael, you're silly.

 
At May 16, 2005 11:59 PM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

Oh, you have no idea.
The very idea is consuming.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home