Sunday, May 29, 2005

The Last Page in the Book

V1: I want to start this letter
by showing you what's real
not the fabricated remnants
of what I'm supposed to feel
and I want these words to paint for you
a picture of today
so you'll still hear the things that I will never say

Br: This is where I let you in
this is how it all begins

Refr:
Dearest world,
here I am
I've been waiting for the sights and sounds to fade
In this world I'm not afraid
of breathing in the sunrise
of blessing in mistake's disguise
of time singing its lullabies
And this is my letter to you

V2: I'm writing you this letter
in the ink of honest thought
on a paper lined with prayers
and lessons learned
and cabs we didn't think we caught
But if the clouds will surrender
to the smile of the sun
then each line is a knot in me
that's slowly come undone

Bridge

Refrain

Oh, everything is so much clearer
written on the pages of your memory
Oh, everything is so much sweeter
pressed between the pages of your heart

Refrain

2 Comments:

At May 29, 2005 1:12 PM, Blogger Andy said...

You've got some great talent! The title and the intro sum up the song perfectly. Accompany it with good music and that song will be awesome.

 
At May 29, 2005 1:51 PM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

haha thanks a bunch! The lyrics aren't as eloquent as I wanted them to be, but I guess they work. I'm glad you like it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home