Monday, April 18, 2005

There is no beer after the 7th. I repeat: NO BEER.

That has certainly become the phrase of the day. O joy, O rapture. (Yes, rapture is good.)

Hmmm... today I'm not in a bad mood ('tis quite rare), but I'm not exactly in a state of bliss, either. I felt bad all day again today, like a constant car-sickness with a bit of dizziness thrown in. Luckily, unlike Saturday and yesterday, I had my usual amount of energy. Thus I had no problem having a great day, and hopefully making other people's days better as well. After school I went straight to work, which was so outrageously crazy that I'm glad to still be alive. 7 innings, almost 2 straight hours, of nonstop lines, 23-year-old drunks asking for 10+ items of beer and food. And while the majority of it all cost only a dollar, the downside was that for every single item ordered, I had to hit four buttons on the register. Needless to say, I became very coordinated over the course of the evening. I stayed until they locked the gates around 9:30, and Dennis, my boss, said I'm the sweetest employee he's ever worked with. Haha, he just likes me because I leave little notes on his desk at night. Oh well, I'm glad he's here.
Have you ever been given a piece of absolutely amazing advice, but known that in your heart, you really don't want to follow it? Like when your mother tells you not to drink, but you disregard her precaution because you want the experience, want the temporary joy. I feel a bit like that. I want to talk things out, but I don't think I should. It's an interestingly perplexing feeling, one of euphoric bitterness.
Nonetheless, I am happily looking forward to sleep, and to the morning. I've been sleeping with my visualizer on iTunes on, and every night I've had amazingly vivid dreams. It's nice. Plus, tomorrow is Mass! Yay!

Please pray for me, as I am always praying for all of you!

"Sweet, there is nothing left to say
But this, that love is never lost,
Keen winter stabs the breasts of May
Whose crimson roses burst his frost,
Ships tempest-tossed
Will find a harbour in some bay,
And so we may.
And there is nothing left to do
But to kiss once again, and part,
Nay, there is nothing we should rue,
I have my beauty, - you your Art,
Nay, do not start,
One world was not enough for two
Like me and you."
--Oscar Wilde--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home