Sunday, April 24, 2005

Sera Incantata and a Bit of a Casanova

Well it would be strange for me to let prom pass without saying a word about it, so here I am. Personally, it was easily one of the best nights of my life. From start to finish, the whole evening was awe-striking and amazingly beautiful. I wouldn't trade it for the world. The Palais Royal looked gorgeous, and they played my single favorite love song as the last song of the night, which was quite nice. I'm still just thrilled, and I owe everything and more to my wonderful date. Thanks! I hope everyone else had bunches of fun as well.

Today was Faithfest '05, which was pretty great. Aaron, Claire, Alycia, Bridget and I didn't get to Marian until around 9:30, but all worked out. It was a pretty typical youth conference, but I'm absolutely glad I went. There were, of course, a few unpleasant surprises.

There was a really nice guy sitting in front of Skippy and I on the bus on the way home, and he was completely hitting on me. OK, it went a little beyond hitting on me. It was dark, and when I went to rest my head against the seat, I felt this odd something brushing against my hand. I glanced down to see what I was touching, and I definitely realized that the kind was getting a hold of my hand. He held it lightly, and it took me a few seconds to realize what he was doing and quickly pull my hand away. I thought that would be the end of it, but of course, there was more. Apparently this little philanderer wasn't going to quit, because he improved his technique the second time around. I was busy talking to Skippy, when I realized that he had slipped his hand into mine again. And I didn't realize it until I felt him caressing my hand with his own... not cool. So I pulled away, and a few minutes later, he asked Skippy if he would trade seats with him for awhile because he was cold, and luckily Skippy caught my look and politely declined. Thank the Lord. Of course, this didn't stop the mini- Don Juan from nonchanlantly caressing my leg every five minutes. I moved when I could, but goodness, it was creepy. And he said he's going to start coming to Antioch. *Shudders* Anyway, I'm deathly sleepy and I've got skit practice tomorrow... au revoir, tout le monde!

All my love,
Erin

2 Comments:

At April 24, 2005 1:43 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Well, I come to your blog looking for an in-depth view of FaithFest, and instead I get a lesson about how to pick up chicks. C'mon now, get to the meat and potatos of the matter!

leahciM

 
At April 24, 2005 6:06 PM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

Meat and potatos? I just had that for dinner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home