Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Peaches (and Meat and Potatos?)

Okay well I know I just updated and lalala, but I felt compelled to update again. I know the picture is adorable and everything, but every time I look at my blog I have two faces staring back at me, like the Mona Lisa only creepier and slightly less boring. So here is an update from yours truly, because life is fabulous so I am choosing to write about it. And I do hope you choose to read about it.

You've all heard 'life's a beach, and then you die...,' right? Well, whoever coined that cute little phrase got it all wrong. And 'Life is peachy.'? Yeah, they got that wrong too.

Life is a peach. Life is a peach covered with a bunch of fuzz that isn't exactly appetizing and frankly is a little odd looking. But you bite into it anyway knowing that once you get a little further, pure ecstatic enjoyment awaits. And although you are fully aware that by the end of the peach you'll be picking the good parts from the pit because they're all you've got left, you eat away, knowing that the satisfaction of taste is precious.

So savor your peaches, guys. They're worth more than you think.

3 Comments:

At April 27, 2005 10:21 PM, Blogger Andy said...

Nice concept, I've gotta say its the most interesting one I've heard yet. Another piece that makes it better though is that once you're done with the peach you throw away that pit. That pit can grow into a peach tree to provide peaches and enjoyment for future generations.

 
At April 27, 2005 10:22 PM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

yay! More analogyousity!

What a great day. My mouth hurts.

:)

 
At May 02, 2005 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happens to people who are allergic to peaches?

In all actuality this analogy rocks. I know some people who are so put off by the fuzz that they don't even bother to try to find out the yumminess inside. They are the kind of people that only like the canned version other people give them.

leahciM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home