Monday, March 07, 2005

We'll just glide, starry-eyed...

Well, Blogger definitely decided to go retarded and throw my most recent post into oblivion, so I guess I feel compelled to re-update. I'm afraid it will be a bit scatter-brained, however, as all my current writing skills are being used on my lovely *grimaces* term paper.

First, I think I'm in love with the concept of love. This is probably the most logical statement ever made in the history of mankind, considering my idealistic and hopelessly romantic personality. It would explain why it's so difficult for me to let go of one love for another. Perhaps it is what makes me love in the first place. In any case, I have decided that my future husband is going to be a very spiffy person, so I've got nothing to worry about. Just a thought.

I've gotten really lazy lately. Sure, I go for walks all the time, but I never really run anymore. And that bugs me because it's not really my fault. Every time I want to run, I'm sick or it's freezing out. Oh joy, oh rapture.

I need to start writing poetry again. And I mean really writing poetry. Not the horribly cliche merde I usually create. I mean that hardcore, mind-bending poetry that used to be so characteristically me.

Where has the inspiration gone? Anyone want to give me a push? I'm standing on the brink of an infinite sea, and while I don't seek to cross it, I'm sick of staring at it in silence.

3 Comments:

At March 07, 2005 11:50 PM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

I don't mean to sound rude, Harold with a cane, but that's why I posted this. I'm turning to my friends, who are my loved ones!While your post 'sounds good' as Sanchez would say, it doesn't follow a very logical premise! ;)

Peace!

 
At March 09, 2005 9:05 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Kinda cool you talked about the infinite sea. I have heard our life's journey described as that (I think it was in Orthodoxy, actually). I think you need a new boat. Try a new form of poetry, like that celtic stuff. Or write an essay on a particularly interesting topic. I think you may just need to do something to pique the curiousity of your subconscious.

Mike

 
At March 09, 2005 10:44 PM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

Haha, yes, it was Ortho. doxy. Calling it ortho doesn't quite cut it. Reminds me of braces. Ick.

In any case, I suppose you're right. Perhaps the new journal will be one of poetic experimentation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home