Thursday, March 10, 2005

I know! Let's play 'toss the H-bomb'!

Hmmm. Well, I've been skimping on words lately, so before I take my leave for the weekend, I suppose I shall leave all of you with a post of actual substance, or the closest thing to substance I can provide. But first, a must-see. http://www.livejournal.com/users/fallenapple13/. Click it~! Probably the simplest and cutest layout I've ever made. And somehow, it totally fits! (Inspired by Mr. Michael Miller, by the way.)

In case anyone is wondering where I will be all weekend, you may find me in a warm(ish) cabin in the middle of the gorgeous Camp Friedenswald. That's in Michigan. (So I take it back, I have been to Michigan. Once.) It's absolutely breathtaking! I'll be up there helping with a uber awesome confirmation retreat, drinking lots of tea and probably scalding my tongue a bit more. There will be skits and music and the Antioch crew... hilarity ensues.

Have you ever had a point in time, a day, a moment, or a year, when self-control is indubitably difficult? Where you want to do something, but you know you shouldn't or can't? Today was one of those days for me. Definitely one of those days. I'm learning how to hold my tongue, however, and how to contain myself. But how constricted a container the human body is! How can people possibly live in introversion? It strikes me as odd, but interesting. Perhaps I'm just an in-your-face person. Oh well...better than invisible!

Well, enough munchies.

My muse has gone into hiding. Perhaps it has quarantined itself for decontamination or something. It couldn't deal with all the cliches. Now, I must drag each word kicking and screaming onto the paper. No longer do the stanzas flow. From my pen I yank the ink to resemble some form of idealistic artistry. Yet no sooner do I lift the tip then unforgotten sighs of beautiful truth begin to ring. And the letters stare back into my empty blue eyes, waiting for the rain to relieve them of their duty. But their day of rescue will not come. I echo their mournful whispers with lamentations of my own. Yet with each page, the words doth scream: 'When will you make an end?'

I fear the end has come and gone.

2 Comments:

At March 15, 2005 4:44 PM, Blogger Mike said...

My muse is hiding too, dont worry, soon enough it will return.

And how did I inspire your LJ thing-a-mabob?

leahciM

 
At March 15, 2005 4:55 PM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

always making fun of me for spazzing out/talking too fast. Your mean habits have finally paid off ;) ...I see you fixed the computer?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home