Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Fighting Off the Green Lawn Gnome of Jealousy

Yeah, it's indeed something to work on.
You know what I've realized? In the past 6 weeks or so, I haven't been sad at all. I've made a couple negative posts, but I've never really felt sad, down, or upset. That's really cool! I don't know what exactly has put me in such a bright disposition, but I surely like it!

Hmmm, I was talking to Alex today, and I definitely just started writing in poetry. Perhaps he's just a very inspirational person. 'Tis good, 'tis good.

Half the earth expects a fight
because it's usually what they get
The people look so hard to find
some key to the heart
some window of the soul
some path that leads upstairs
Yet what a pity it will be
when they see the war has ended
before it has begun
For on this battlefield lie secrets unraveled
revealed for those who seek the answers
The keenest eyes never could find me
so take your chances
as the blind men take their glances
They look perchance to glimpse my world
because they know if they try
they are able

3 Comments:

At March 22, 2005 11:18 PM, Blogger Andy said...

I agree that Alex does seem to add an interesting perspective to most subjects. Awesome poem by the way, I wish I could rattle off poems like that in one sitting, but literature just isn't my strong suit. Anyway, what does this post really have to do with jealousy? Oh, and Alex has finally updated his blog so you might want to check it out.

 
At March 23, 2005 8:42 PM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

Haha, the post doesn't have to do with jealousy, but I was feeling as bit jealous when I wrote it, so there ya go! ;)

And thanks, writing has never really been my strong suit either.

 
At March 23, 2005 8:48 PM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

*a bit

I hate spelling errors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home