Friday, March 25, 2005

And the moral is: don't talk to muffin trees.

"The riddles of God are more satisfying than the solutions of man." -G.K. Chesterton

Yes, I know. I update way too often. Oh well, at least I don't get bored.

I started thinking about eternity today, while I was meditating. I think I almost became an atheist. Well, not really, but... hmm. Eternity is a very long time. And though I realized that eternity in heaven would be eternal happiness, it seemed like a void of such. It seems, upon pondering the matter, that there should be something after heaven, something to do. Otherwise, what is the point of creation? What is the point of the world? And finally, what is the point of God? Yes, these thoughts may be considered morbid in their entirety, but I happen to think them beautifully mysterious.

I suppose the temporary mindset of heaven being futile is due to my 'anal' attitude. Yes, perhaps I am anal. But this is because I have many things I wish to accomplish, many goals I am striving to reach. Thus, I seek to perfect every detail, so as to come nearer to these goals with every moment. And so, life becomes a game that I am seeking to win. And this isn't necessarily a poor trait. "Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. " (-Psalm 9:24.) I am running so as to win, but often I lose track of the prize. I am always seeking something to look forward to, a particular event or day. And it seems to me that eternity is not the end. There must be something after it! Of course, all faith negates this, but all reason cannot accept its alternative. But reason is insanity, so my circle of thought is broken. It is quite a quandary to ponder!

Another epiphany I had while meditating today:
Love is life. Life is beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Think about it!

1 Comments:

At March 26, 2005 10:08 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Hmm, kinda funny. I was just thinking about eternity too. Wierd

leahciM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home