Friday, January 07, 2005

A Beautiful Mind, a beautiful world.

I just saw A Beautiful Mind for the first time ever tonight. I cried like a little girl! I loved it more than anything, and it's now my all-time favorite drama, all-time favorite romance, and all-time favorite non-fiction movie. I'm not sure if it's because of the beauty of the love between John and Alycia, and how even the quirkiest among us find the sun, moon, and stars in a single person... or if it's the actual premise of the movie, or the logical quality in the plot. It amazed me, though, just how real everything seemed. I've never understood like that before. And now, I hope and pray that the Lord might grant peace to all those in positions of such pain and absolute terror. There are things I wish I could say here, but I know I shouldn't, since I have no clue who all reads this. Just know that I'm completely torn apart by this movie, and from now on, I'll be offering all suffering I endure for every soul burdened by such a horrid affliction. I wish I could do something to take this all away. True, some things are all in the head. Unfortunately, the reality of schizophrenia in the world is not one of them.

All my love,
Erin

2 Comments:

At January 16, 2005 1:24 AM, Blogger Phydeauxs99 said...

Good flick. The mind is incredibly powerful. It can make you see things that aren't there. Make you feel differently than you should.
The mind can break. It can happen suddenly. There is no sure test for schizophrenia right now. There is also no cure. Only medication that can possibly control it.

Also see Eternal Sunshine For The Spotless Mind. Better flick. There is lots of swearing so depends on how strict your parents are. You have been forwarned.

 
At January 16, 2005 2:11 AM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

The first paragraph was completely useless, given that my mom's schizophrenic. Lol, but thanks anyway ;)

Second paragraph is extremely helpful. Grandparents aren't strict at all, I'll rent it sometime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home