Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch.

Hey, look! What's that? Oh, nevermind, it's just Erin's blog, starving from inactivity. Nothing to get too concerned about.

Well today on the menu, it's Chef's Surprise. That's right... I write, you read. Whatever.

appetizer: ....well, the 2 Timothy 1 conference was a total success. Joel and his wife made a great ministry team, the music was great (oh, and Aaron finally played on a set!), and the food was scrumptious. Joel and his wife (for the life of me, I can't remember her name. Grrrr.) told the story of how he proposed, and it was sooooooo sweet! It was so romantic and I really hope my future husband (?) is sensitive like that. *sighs dreamily*

1st course: ...finals tomorrow. yay! My first two exams are Chem with Hernandez (piece of pie) and Honors English with Switzer (easy as cake). I'm not too worried. Only positive aspects about finals:
  • They mark the end of the first long, perilous road to summer vacation.
  • They can totally make (or break, of course) your final grade. Unless you're me, and you're a hopeless case.
  • The odd schedule makes for an idealistic end to the monotony of Marian High School.
  • Half days, awesome lunches, good times with the Antioch folk.
  • And... um... yeah. That's about it.
  • Oh yeah, time to read!!!

Considering the aforementioned qualities, I'm actually quite excited for them to begin.

Main course: ....Semiformal! I can't believe it's this weekend! Wow! Oh yeah, since the friend who I asked decided to be silly, I'm definitely going stag! Yay! I think that was actually my intention from the start, so it all works out! Speece and I are probably going to be the only ladies without guys, but oh well... all the better, really. Too bad Sir Hottness decided he was too good for semiformal, it would have been fun! Oh well, The first step to getting the things you want out of life is deciding what you want. If that's what he wants, more power to him!

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to wear my hair... but other than that, I can't wait! I loooooove my dress, it's very... hmmm... elegant? But forget about me, I'm anxious to see what everyone else wears! Speaking of which, I have no clue where we're going for dinner that night. *rolls eyes* No one ever knows what's going on in this group... I love it!

Dessert: ....the March for Life is coming up! I won't be in Indiana from January 21st-25th, so IM and leave me a message so I can smile when I return :) ...I love road trips SO MUCH! This is going to be the best road trip ever, especially since it's with all my best friends... I must admit though, the longest I've ever been away from home is the 3 days for the Mighty Good Leader retreat... 5 days in D.C. will be awesome!

ok, I'm sure you're all stuffed. That was quite a large meal, if I may say so myself. Let's see how long Deaf World Megaphone can go without starving now!

2 Comments:

At January 14, 2005 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin have a holy awesome time at Semi-formal and at march for life.. take lots o' pictures so that i can see what went on!! Talk to you later. Bridgett

 
At January 14, 2005 5:27 PM, Blogger Erin Marie Hall said...

yep, I'll have plenty of documented footage.
amDg,
Erin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home