Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Intents of a Purer Kind

I watched Notting Hill at a friend's house today. Twice. It's the sweetest, most fairy-tale like movie in the history of the world. I love it. It really makes me want a romance like that, though, sending me into a whirlwind of unrealistic daydreams and touched hopes. Yet is that not how I am intended to react? The perfect match, the perfect night, the perfect kiss, the perfect marriage... that's how it's supposed to go. That's what I'm supposed to want. Or perhaps it's not so much that I want it, but it's that I want it now. My impatience is something God has obviously been trying to work through, yet, of course, so has the devil. Well, you know what they say about being born on Mother's day...


I Many Times Thought
by Emily Dickinson

I many times thought peace had come
When peace was far away,
As wrecked men deem they sight the land
When far at sea they stay.
And struggle slacker, but to prove,
As hopelessly as I,
That many the fictitious shores
Before the harbor lie.

1 Comments:

At December 31, 2004 5:28 PM, Blogger Edward said...

Emily Dickinson's poetry is great! This poem doesn't dissapoint.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home